If you’re into role-playing computer games, puzzles, and really good graphics, then Syberia II is for you. Read Gamespot’s review of the new game, which received a 7.8 on their 1-10 game scale. Syberia I sucked me into its world of European hotels and factories, clockwork creations, and eclectic characters. I look forward to playing this one too.
Seen nifty buttons like these all over the web? Want to make your own? Just use Bill Zeller’s Button Maker.
Google’s Local Search is now up on its website. It’s super fast, I have to give it that. For my simple test, I decided to search for shops that carried anime in my hometown of Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Surprise, there are none. But there are some close by–which is more than was there when I was growing up.
- the option to save your location for later searches
- the option to expand the search to 1, 5, 15, or 45 miles out from your location
- it doesn’t tell you how many hits you got
- it definitely missed some businesses, and though it gives you the option to submit your own business, I guess I just question their data-pool
- the way the “related web pages” thing works–it often takes you to a review, another directory, and almost never directly to that business’s website
All that being said, it has potential, and I like it a lot better than what I’ve been using for business category searches (Anywho).
OK, I don’t know why I’m posting so much on paper models of late (some kind of deep-rooted neurosis, I’m sure), but here’s a keeper: Star Wars Paper Models so real you’ll want to hop in and ride around in them.
From Reuters, via CNN, a Hong Kong boy went berserko with a knife after his dad unplugged his video game. Let this be a warning to all parents (and significant others who might not appreciate certain librarians in black staying up at all hours of the night gaming). Deny us food, water, anything else–but don’t mess with the game.
One-page cartoon-panel PDFs that show kids how to build things like a mega-air cannon and a balloon hovercraft. Hey, I might want to make some of these…